Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Alice in Wonderland on Broadway


Disney Theatrical Productions is currently in the middle of multiple "from the screen, to the stage" concept projects.(Dumbo, and Father of the Bride just to name a couple.) They are also in the works to bring to life a musical rendition of the Tim Burton 2010 adaptation of Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. It was very successful as Disney's 3rd highest grossing film, and 5th worldwide! Opinions aside, I don't doubt that the Musical will be a hit. With that being said, Burton will not be directing the Play, but will be overlooking it to make sure it gets the twist it needs. Linda Woolverton is also on board to write up the screenplay, better known for her work for authoring the screenplay for The Lion King. Although no composer nor date has been set for the Musical, more information will pop up as time goes on.

Blog's Main Page: DisneyMagicMan.blogspot.com/
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DisneyMagicMan
Subscribe to my channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/DisneyMagicMan

2 comments:

  1. I actually hope they don't do this any time soon, being that an Alice musical just opened. It actually surprises me that thet would go ahead with it... but who knows. I'm still hoping for a Hunchback musical. I believe those songs belong on Broadway.

    Nice blog! I just started reading! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! It could be a while before anything comes of it, but hopefully it will be somewhat good.

    ReplyDelete